Friday, May 06, 2011

started internship! =))

good that my internship starts at 11am and ends at 3pm daily =) muahaha! at least i do not have to wake up at like 7am =/ and i can still continue with my therapy from 5to 7pm on thurs n fri, and my 'meet the ppl' session on mon night =) good planning with perfect timing! haha!

first day with my girl and i have lots to learn. i really need to think of something to get her to engage with others. its a social deficit that is probably persistent throughout people with autism and i noe it wouldnt be easy to change my girl especially when im not even like her therapist or anything. but oh well. let me build some rapport with her first. i don't know how long that will take when she doesnt let me enter into her world. and having not much experience dealing with echolalia (one of the characteristics of autism but it doesnt apply to all), sometimes i find it hard to communicate or understand what she is saying because she is practically repeating what i have just said in the exact tone. its like i ask her 'do you want to drink?' and she replies 'want a drink?' so do i take that as she wants the drink or don't want the drink?

but oh well, she's still an adorable girl just like my boy =) haha! i don't really wan to mention their names so bear with all the saying of 'girl' and 'boy'. heh.

headed to pasir ris next for therapy with my boy. was like physical exercise today because he couldnt sit still and hence all the carrying and making him sit nicely admist all the sceaming. but he was fine on the whole and he is progressing well =)

No comments: